Would you like to help out in your community and assist the Parish Council in delivering it strategy over the coming years? Then a Parish councilor maybe the role for you!
Sheepy Parish Council currently has two vacancies for councilors one for the ward of Sibson and one for the ward of Wellsborough. If you are interested in either of these roles, can you please complete the attached Personal Statement and forward it with your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications is Monday 3rd February
Eligibility-The Parish Council is able to consider any person to fill a vacancy provided that:
- He/she is an elector for the parish; or
- has resided in the parish for the past twelve months or rented/tenanted land in the parish; or
- had his/her principal place of work in the parish; or
- has lived within three miles (straight line) of the parish.
There are certain disqualifications for election, of which the main are (see 5. 80 of the Local Government Act 1972):
- holding a paid office of the Parish Council
- having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months, without the option of a fine during the five years preceding the election; and
- being disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.