Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
Hinckley Hub, Rugby Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 0FR
ISSUED 27 April 2020
Borough Council organised events that were due to take place in June have been cancelled in response to the government’s continued advice around coronavirus and social distancing.
The events that have been cancelled are:
- Music in the Mead on Saturday 6 June
- Mallory Mile cycle ride on Monday 8 June
- Traditional Sports Day on Saturday 13 June
- Hinckley BID Classic Car Show Meet on Thursday 18 June
- Music in the Mead on Saturday 20 June
- Armed Forces Day event and parade on Saturday 27 June
Simon Jones, Cultural Services Manager at the Borough Council explained: “we have to continue to follow government guidance and support all social distancing procedures and all non-essential contact with others, this includes large gatherings and crowded places such as our events and those we are involved with.
“We are all incredibly disappointed as a lot of hard work goes into the planning of these events but completely necessary at the current time in order to enable all of us to do as much as we possibly can to reduce infections.
“We will continue to monitor and review government advice before making a decision about events that are due to take place later in the summer and advise people in due course.”
The Atkins Gallery at the Atkins building continues to be closed until further notice and there will be no conferences taking place for the foreseeable future.
- For more information about any changes to council services or upcoming events look out for information in local media, follow the council on social media or sign up for free email updates at https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/emailupdates