Balfour Beatty VINCI is working in partnership with HS2 Ltd and National Highways to undertake preparatory works which will require a one week closure of the M42 Motorway between junctions 9 and 10.
To complete these works safely and efficiently we will close the M42 motorway between junction 9 (Dunton Interchange) and junction 10 (Tamworth Interchange) from:
9pm on Friday 24 December (Christmas Eve) to 9pm on Friday 31 December 2021 (New Year’s Eve).
A clearly signed diversion route will be in place over this period with advance signage in place to help remind motorists of the closure.
High Speed Two (HS2) is the new high speed railway for Britain. Balfour Beatty VINCI is working in partnership with HS2 Ltd and National Highway (formerly Highways England) to prepare for the construction of Marston Box, which is the bridge that will carry the HS2 line over the M42 motorway near junction 9 Dunton Interchange. The construction of the bridge is being carried out on land adjacent to the motorway before it is moved into position in winter 2022.
During the closure in December 2021 we need to undertake work, between junctions 9 and 10 of the M42 motorway, to prepare the ground which will enable us to slide the Marston Box bridge into position in winter 2022. The works we will complete, in the closure this year, will include:
• Removing the existing surface of the motorway where the bridge will be located.
• Installing construction materials to create the foundations and improve the stability of the ground to support the weight of the bridge.
• Replacing barriers and installing additional safety barriers.
• Removing and upgrading the existing drainage system.
• Installing a new surface to enable the motorway to re-open to road users.
For more details on this closure and diversion route, please visit: www.hs2.org.uk/marston-box